Hi friend! Welcome to my little slice of the internet. I’m so glad you’re here. My name is Alissa Circle, yes, like the shape. I’ve been married to my amazing husband for 17 years and we have two teenagers, which feels completely strange to say. I feel entirely too young to have a thirteen and twelve year old living under my roof. It’s the joy of the Lord that keeps us young.
If you thought you were landing on Diary of an Addict, or even Rags to Stitches, well you’re in the right place, just with a little bit of a glam up. I feel like my blog is like my hairstyles, every so many years, it’s time for a new color + style that compliments the season of my life I’m walking in. Perhaps though, this one will be here to stay.
I’ve found that a new life sprouted almost 5 years ago when we bought our first property in Downtown Franklin and our first Airbnb was born. Spending 40% of our year in Tennessee or exploring the US, I’ve learned that while I love and thrive in the city, I’m equally in love with the charm of the country. In fact, it was over a joke with friends one evening, while enjoyed a good glass of bourbon that I exclaimed, I was a little bit city, lil bit country, and well, here we are. Call it an identity crisis to rebrand my site for a third time, I call it a breath of fresh air. With the new name comes a renewed energy I felt I had long lost.
In this space I love sharing my love for what God’s showing me from His word, share in the joys and trials of being a Mom and a wife, as well as my love for cooking, living a healthy lifestyle and my love for coffee. I used to have weekly coffee dates and it just might be time to bring them back. I believe life should be celebrated, that we were all created on purpose for a purpose to live fully into God’s calling for each of our lives. There’s no season of life where God places us on the bench and no inning we weren’t meant to be running alongside Him.
I’m excited to share that I’m working on my first manuscript and, much like having a baby, the labor pains, somedays leave me wondering if I was truly meant for this calling, yet I know God has shown me that it’s all worth it in the end.
I hope you’ll stick around and introduce yourself. I love meeting new people! I believe we were created to build bigger tables, not taller fences. If you’re wondering where I hang out other than here on the blog, be sure to come find me over on Instagram.
I’m so thrilled you’re here and hope you’ll share your journey with me as well.
Live Boldly in Him,
Five Tidbits About Alissa:
1. I love Jesus with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I truly believe His Word is living, breathing truth and you’ll often find me sharing about why faith around here.
2. I grew up in Southeast Asia. Brunei, Hong Kong, Thailand and Malaysia to be exact. My dad worked for Sheraton Hotels and his job allowed us to have some really wonderful travel experiences.
3. I’m a foodie. I love finding local hidden gems to try because there’s nothing like good food and conversation. Life was meant to be lived around big tables.
3. I don’t like being confined an office. I find working from local coffee spots or my kitchen table, is what keeps me inspired and energized, which is so good for your soul.
4. In 2012, my husband and I co-founded Pollinate Media Group, then two years ago we founded Weave Made Media. We work with top influencer bloggers across the nation to help them monetize their real estate (their blogs). We also run a fun Instagram account called Target Made Me Do It.
5. My biggest addiction: coffee, which is one of the biggest reasons I began my Coffee Date Friday series. Have you joined me yet?
I currently live near the ocean in Southern California and in Franklin, TN with my serial entrepreneur husband, my 13-year-old darling daughter and my 11-year-old snuggle-obsessed son.