Hello friends! Happy Saturday.
Because I know you’re always curious about the inner workings of my crazy life, here are some things happening off the blog this week.
- I’m back from Sewing Summit and exhausted! Seriously I’m falling asleep all day long, even when I’m trying to work.
- This week one of my dearest friends FINALLY announced that after 4 years of trying, they are pregnant!! This has been the hardest secret to keep so I’m glad the cats out of the bag.
- Kyle + I celebrated 9 years of marriage bliss on Thursday. We got to celebrate by going to Back to School Night and then a yummy sushi dinner.
- Speaking of sushi, if you’re in Orange County, H2O Sushi at Triangle Square is where it’s at! We even saw the drummer from Green Day #insertfangirlmoment #justascutewithoutthemakeup
- This week we finally made a decision to move Katelyn to Transitional Kindergarten, which just means she’ll do 2 years instead of one. Her first day in the new class was Thursday and while I secretly cried in my pantry while eating chocolate big crocodile tears, she rocked her first day. She’s so thrilled to be in there and it turns out that the TK kids were so excited to have her! #thankyoujesus #answeredprayers
- I’m trying to convince Kyle that we need to invest in bikes for the kids. They have outgrown the tricycles. Hoping we can sneak out of the house and do that this weekend.
Here’s what happened on the blog if you missed it:
Monday, Caroline from Sew Caroline shared a tutorial on how to Sew Your Own Notebook Cover
Tuesday I shared a style post, showing ways to accessorize a Chambray dress everyone should own.
Wednesday I talked about the 7 x 7 Remix Challenge I’m taking – will you join me? Come link up with us next week.
Thursday, I love what Krista did with these vintage wall sconces!
Friday, I talked about the 3 Myths of what having balance really means and looks like during our Coffee Date. Did you check it out? It’s a good one!
Be sure to check out these fun links around the web:
Don’t forget, there’s only a couple days left in September to get FREE shipping on your Gussy Sews products.
This is one of my most favorite prints from Red Letter Words, be sure to check out her amazing shop!
Are you looking for a new blog to partner with? We have opening for October advertising – check out the rates and perks here!
Don’t forget the Penelope Lane Boutique is happening today in Long Beach!! You don’t want to miss it!!!
You MUST watch THIS video!! You’re welcome!! Enjoy!
It is no secret how much I love Cristina Robeck Photography – she is responsible for all the amazing style photos you see around here. (Thanks for making me look gorgeous girl!) You may have seen the recent Super Hero shoot she did for us. She is already filling up for fall photo sessions and lucky for you, she is offering Rags to Stitches readers an exclusive discount! Book a full photography session by November 9th and receive 10% off! She books up fast so don’t miss out!