I need a new one! Now! Before Katelyn has to have her 2 month shots on August 15. When I went to my meet and greet with Katelyn’s pediatrician I initially liked him a lot. I felt he was friendly and attentive. Now, I have a different opinion. I mean, he is still friendly, but due to some glitches he caused in our quest to be approved for insurance, Kyle and I are ready to move on. I guess I should back up and explain where my frustration began so you can understand why it has escalated. When Katelyn was 3 weeks old I took her in for a check up. She had been up all night crying with gas and so Dr. Hayashida prescribed an x-ray for her saying that she might have a serious gastrointestinal problem. First, why would you give a 3 week old and x-ray, and second, why would you give a 3 week old an x-ray after only 1 night of gas? Needless to say Kyle and I decided to wait it out a day or two first and see how she was feeling. Katelyn slept like a baby (lol) the next night and the following nights and we learned one more food I needed to temporarily lay off while nursing.
Then when it was time to apply for a new insurance plan for Katelyn since I wasn’t returning to work in the fall, I called their office and emailed the doctor to let him know the circumstances and to have her records ready. We were trying really hard for an August 1 approval. Well, on July 28 we get a call from our insurance agent that our pediatrician won’t release Katelyn’s records unless Blue Shield pays him $75 as opposed to the customary $50 that they usually offer. Once again I emailed the doctor and called him about this situation. He told me about a plan he prefers to work with and I reminded him that I already had a plan I had applied for and was sticking with that. He went on to let me know that he has received $75 from other insurance carriers and didn’t know why the insurance company was gripping over $25. I told him, we didn’t understand why he was holding up my 6 week old from having insurance over $25!!! Even as I’m writing this I find myself getting frustrated. I’m done with this guy and want to meet some other pediatricians that I could take Katelyn to before she’s due for her shots.
I put in a call to the pediatrician today and they want $25 to release a copy of her records to me. I’m beginning to think it might be worth it not to have to go back there…. ever!!!!!! Let me get back to my point. Can anyone recommend a pediatrician? Please!! I’m willing to drive as far as Irvine. I just need to find Katelyn a new doctor and my sanity and peace of mind.
Ok! I’m done venting!! HELP!!