It’s hard to believe another week has gone by and it’s Saturday again. Here are some things happening around here:
– We survived our first full week of school. 5 days of kindergarten pick up and drop off and 3 days of preschool pick up and drop off. I’m exhausted and need a whole bottle of wine and a good nights sleep.
– We had our very first kinder playdate today with Katelyn’s first little friend she made after school on Friday. It went great and we all hit it off so well we skipped naptime (ah, the horror) and they stayed for 4 hours. It was amazing! I’m so excited to have found a new friendship.
– We tried a new pizza place tonight similar to Pieology. It was called Blaze and consensus is 2 thumbs up and we will be back. My favorite might have been the orange metal chairs and umbrellas…. oh and the pizza. Kids shared one and between the 2 of them licked the plate dry. I’d say we’ve found a winner!
– Workout was hard this week and I’m so sore. I got measured…. again! Yup, I do it every month. I’ll be updating y’all on my journey next week.
– I’m headed to Sewing Summit in Salt Lake City next Wednesday and I’m so nervous to speak. At the same time I’m excited to be a part of inspiring others in their journey to growing their blog and business.
Here are some things that happened on the blog this week:
On Monday I talked about how difficult the first week of Kindergarten was last week and just needed to hit refresh to be ready for week 2. Thank you for all your words of encouragement, I carried them with me all week.
On Tuesday, I share I style post with my favorite Madewell skirt and my new and incredible Evy’s Tree Zip up.
On Wednesday, I took the day off in observance of 9/11. I still find it hard to find the words to share on such a difficult day.
Thursday, I shared Part 6 of our love story. Be sure to get caught up if you haven’t.
Friday, we had coffee together and I talked about penis’ and other inappropriate things kids say. Yup you read that right.
For your pleasure, here are some other fun things happening around the web:
My girl Jennifer Blake is having a giveaway on her blog this week. Be sure to check it out and ENTER
If you love snail mail as much as I do, be sure to check out all the adorable personalized stationary over at Bella Bug
Have you seen all the new goodies in Gussy Sews shop?! What you haven’t?! Get over there. All month long she’s offering FREE shipping on domestic orders.
Remember that awesome zip up from Evy’s Tree that I styled earlier this week? You can get FREE shipping on all back ordered sizes using code FREESHIP if you’re one of the first 100 customers to purchase. Better hurry!
Momma to Binks and Babe has new earrings in her shop, Adie’s Lovelies. Be sure to check them out.
Looking for a great tutorial? Check out Katy’s tutorial for sewing with laminated cotton.
If you’re in the Southern California area, you don’t want to miss this amazing holiday boutique! Mark your calendars, grab a couple girl friends, plan to get coffee on the way and go shopping! Every Fall Sarah from Penelope Lane puts together such an incredible show!
The Penelope Lane Fall Boutique is coming up on September 28th (from 9:00-3:00) featuring over 60 handmade crafters from all over Southern California at the beautiful Old Ranch Country Club in Orange County!
There will be four connecting ballrooms full of vendors, including a variety of jewelry, accessories, clothing for children and adults, art, stationary, treats, wooden signs, hoop art, home decor, vintage, holiday items, gifts and much, much more!
More info. and a list of vendors can be found on the blog.