I’m always looking for great quick, easy and healthy breakfast ideas. Being that I’m typically not a morning person, especially before coffee, I tend to not eat first thing in the morning because nothing sounds good. I’m really working hard to change that by finding quick and easy recipes that aren’t to heavy on my stomach first thing in the morning. Enter the Pichuberry superfruit.
Native to the highlands of Peru, Pichuberries are good source of vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin P, and the B-complex vitamins B1, B6 and B12 – basically it’s a great way to get all your important vitamins in one meal. They also have a high content of phenolic compounds, which are a natural antioxidant. So with us being chin deep in flu season and trying really hard to keep everyone healthy in our home, we’ve stocked up on Pichuberries and Pichuberry puree to add to our meals and keep everyone filled with the vitamins and antioxidants they need to keep that flu at bay.
Here’s a great recipe using the Pichuberry Puree to make a power bowl. It’s quick and easy to make and I’m sure many of you already have most of the ingredients I used in your home already.
Here’s what you need:
- Pichuberry Superfruit Puree
- Almond Butter (see here how I make my own)
- Organic Honey
- Organic graola
- Strawberries diced
- Flax Seed
Here’s how you make it:
- Allow your Pichuberry Puree to thaw slightly after you take it out of the freezer. This loosens it up and makes it easier to blend.
- In your blender add 4 Pichuberry Puree packets, 1/4-1/2 cup of almond butter and 1 tablespoon of honey. Blend until the Pichuberry Puree has broken down and mixed with the other ingredients.
- Put your mix in a bowl and add all your “power” goodies to the top: granola, strawberries, blueberries, flax seed and drizzle honey over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Alternative ways to make your Power bowl:
- add a banana (frozen or fresh) to your Pichuberry Puree before blending
- mix all ingredients in the blender, add a little almond milk and spinach and blend to make a smoothie, or make your smoothie with fresh Pichuberry Superfruit berries.
I tested this recipe out on my family and it was loved by all! Have you tried Pichuberries yet?
You can find Pichuberry Puree at Walmart and fresh Pichuberries at many grocery locations so be on the lookout the next time you go to the store – or check here to see where you can pick some up.