This post is part of a partnership with the Nutramilk, but I must warn you, I fell head over heels in love with this machine, and I’m positive you will too.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever spoken this out loud on my blog, but I’m not a lover of peanut butter. There, I said it. Can’t take it back now that I’ve put it out in the universe. I honestly can’t even think about it without gagging, as crazy as that sounds. It’s never really been an issue until we started our nutrition program back in January and nuts was put on the safe + healthy “fats” list. Suddenly, I was at a crossroads, should I put on my big girl panties and learn to love peanut butter? Well, it turns out that while I don’t love peanut butter, I was introduced to almond butter and I’m a huge fan.
The only downside to loving almond butter is how expensive it is to buy in stores! I mean $13 for a small jar of almond butter, get out, there has to be another way, especially since we were consuming at least 6 tablespoons of it a day at minimum. Enter the Nutramilk…. the Nutramilk is brand new to the market and can make nut butter and nut milk in under 14 minutes!! Think of all the possibilities: walnut butter, cashew butter, cashew milk, almond butter, almond milk and so much more. Not to mention, I can buy raw almonds for $3.99/pd at Sprouts, which saves me money and I don’t have to worry about any of the extra chemicals and preservatives in it to keep it fresh on store shelves.
Ever since my Nutramilk arrived, I’ve spent hours making different types of almond butters and milks for our home. Even our kids have enjoyed testing out all the different recipes I’ve been testing out and I think I might’ve finally gotten them to make the switch from peanut butter to almond butter. Recently I made an Pumpkin Honey Almond Milk and it was a hit in our home so I thought I would share the recipe with y’all too.
Here’s what you need:
- the Nutramilk
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup pure organic pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 liters of purified water
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (garnish if desired)
Here’s how you make it:
- Turn on your Nutramilk and pour in 2 cups of raw almonds
- Select the “Butter” setting on your and use the down arrow to set it to 12 minutes and hit “Start”
- Allow the almonds to grind down into butter.
- Once you have almond butter, add in the pumpkin, honey and vanilla to your almond butter. Select “Butter” and put Nutramilk to 2 minutes, hit Start.
- Once mixed together you’re ready to make your almond milk.
- Add water to your butter, select “Mix” on your machine and then hit “Start”
- You will see the butter turn to almond milk.
- Hit “Dispense” and use the spigot to pour your Almond Milk into a pitcher
- Serve and Enjoy! I recommend trying it with a shot of espresso, so good!
Here are just a few reasons why you need a Nutramilk in your home:
- Makes nut butter & milk in 7-12 minutes
- You can make chemical free and preservative free nut butter and nut milk
- The Nutramilk can make up to 67 ounces of fresh nut milk or up to 26 ounces of nut butter at a time
- Easy to Clean, dishwasher safe
- You can make nut butter and milk with virtually any kind of nut
I mean, what’s not to love, right?!
Be sure to watch the video so you can see how quick and easy it is to create your own nut butter and milk at home with the Nutramilk.
What do y’all think? Did you just add this beauty to your Christmas wishlist? I sure hope so! Stay tuned, more recipes coming soon….
That looks delicious, I will definitely try to make these! Thanks for the tips and by the way, I am getting addicted to your blog 😉
Hi looks delicious how do you prepare the pumpkin thanks.
Alissa Circle says
I buy organic pumpkin puree to use in the recipe