I’m sure by now many of you have seen the big announcement that, yay! Instagram got Vined. haha Yup, Instagram made their big update last week and added the ability to create and load beautiful videos into your Instagram feed. Poor Vine probably saw a massive decrease in users last week. Those of you who are attempting to rebel against Instagram video and are declaring loyalty to Vine, it’s only a matter of time before you join the dark side. Video and pictures in one place = saved time and energy.
In my opinion tho, Instagram video will be one more time suck when I’m lost in the deep, dark, enveloping Instagram black hole, and one more reason for my phone to scream at me, “you’re out of space, you can’t update to the cloud!!” This didn’t stop me from updating my app within seconds of the live video announcement ending + loading my first video. I was immediately impressed. What I was not so thrilled about was scrolling through my feed and having videos automatically playing! Thankfully, the geniuses over at IG thought ahead and created a option in your settings that allows you to turn off auto-play. I highly recommend this for keeping your sanity!
If you haven’t done the update, do it, then practice your video skills. Here’s how:
- Open your Instagram app
- In the bottom right hand side of the screen, you’ll see a video camera icon, click it
- Once you’re Instagram screen has switched to video, hold down the red video button to record.
- Simply hold and lift the red video button to start and stop recording
- Tip: Your video can go as long as 15 seconds, but I recommend keeping it short + sweet
- Pick a Filter
- Add a witty comment and some hashtags
- Load your video
Here are some things I love so far….
– 15 brand new filters to play around with once you’ve made your video. YAY! This will keep me busy till After Light creates a way for me to make my IG videos pretty before I upload them.
– The ability to start and stop video for sequencing.
– You can choose a cover fame! If you join me on Friday’s for Coffee Date, you know there’s nothing I hate more than YouTube picking my most ridiculous pose and forcing me to use it as my cover image!
– If you touch the screen there’s a stabilizer to help keep your videos from becoming blurry and making people feel sick to their stomach.
Have you done the update yet? What do you think of Instagram video? Hit or Miss?