I love a good salad, especially one you can whip up with ingredients you already have in your fridge or garden. Since our garden began growing there are certain ingredients like parmesan cheese, strawberries, fresh spinach that I always keep on hand because thrown together with some veggies from the garden, you can make a pretty delicious salad. And this salad is the kind of salad you can toss and eat one day and then finish it the next. With back to school right around the corner, this is always a great way to get your veggies in during a busy day. The best part? You could add in some turkey or chicken leftovers and it will only enhance the taste of your salad.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- fresh spinach leaves
- fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese
- optional: chicken, fish, turkey, and fresh berries
Let’s get started:
- Fill a salad bowl with fresh spinach.
- Chop up your veggies and your fresh basil and add them to your spinach.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over salad
- Mix dressing into salad so it’s all well coated
- Serve cold.
See?! With a summer salad that easy to mix up, you can’t go wrong. This is a must try recipe!
Oh my goodness! We seriously just need to get like 2 items at the store, but we usually have them in stock. Love this! Thanks for sharing, this will be a meal in our house! Happy Friday!
Love your photos. And yes, nothing better than picking your own home grown salad!!!