Since Kyle’s in the music industry and we listen to ALOT of music I thought it only fitting that my Thursday 13 this week be a list of some of my favorite new musical selections. These are mostly bands Kyle has introduced me to, or bands we’ve been listening to for a while and have new records out.
1. Family Force 5: a necessity in anyone’s repertoire. This band is from the ATL and I love both of their records.
2. Runner Runner: Kyle’s been playing this band for me and their tunes are really catchy.
3. The Archiver: This is the band my brother is in and they are getting ready to put out a new record. Their song “Lost it All” is one of my new favorites to listen to.
4. Anberlin: This band has been around for a while and I listened to their 1st records so much it started skipping. I wasn’t a fan of the next album, but LOVE the new one. If you don’t have it you need to get it.
5. Lady GaGa: ok so I saw her perform live on So You Think You Can Dance this summer and was really digging her sound. I think she’s the perfect combination of a 80’s style Madonna mixed with a little Britney.
6. Jack’s Mannequin: The lead singer used to front the band Something Corporate (another rocking band) and their new record is AMAZING!
7. High School Musical Soundtracks 1, 2 & 3: Sorry! I know! It’s a guilty, secret pleasure!
8. Brooke Wagonner: New artist Kyle just introduced to me… loved it!
9. Josh Auer: Singer, Songwriter for ABC Studios. Every song is a hit!!! We love listening to the demos he has on his Myspace page.
10. Michael Buble: I love crooners. We played him at our wedding and he has a warm place in our hearts filled with wonderful memories.
11. Joy Williams: She’s a brilliant singer, songwriter and she’s such a wonderful person. I think she has to be one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
12. Switchfoot: They are seriously one of my all time favorite bands to listen to. If you are into them check out the lead singer Jon Forman’s projects.
13. Metro Station: I love their song, “Shake It,” we sing it to Katelyn all the time. I love to watch her giggle and smile.
What are some of your favorite artists?
Ok, bring all this music to Boston so I can hear it. My iPod is needing new music!!
I haven’t heard of almost any of those bands…where have I been lately?
Ok I love Michael Buble too. Also Joshua Radin and Colbie Cailet are a few of my lesser known favs.
Cute blog by the way!