What you Need:
- 1 small zucchini, shredded (equal to 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 medium sized shallot, finely diced
- fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- olive oil (for cooking)
Let’s Get Started
- Dice your onion, grate your zucchini, mince your garlic and up your parsley
- Mix the shredded zucchini, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, baking power and butter together.
- Add in your eggs milk and mix well.
- Finally, add the flour to your ingredients and mix it in well.
- Heat olive oil in your cast iron skillet. Once you see the oil begin to heat up, use a spoon to dish small blob into your hot oil. Do this until you have several fritters sizzling.
- When you begin to see them brown on the bottom, flip them over and cook the other side.
- Once cooked through, take them out of the oil
- Serve warm. That’s the way they taste the best!
This recipe was a hit with my family. There were no tears and the kids actually asked for seconds, which is a miracle. These days any time I can hide some veggies in a meal, serve it up and have them eat it without complaint, I’ll take! Next time I made this dish, I’m going to whip up a garlic and basil aioli to go with it. I think it would’ve been the perfect compliment, but I didn’t think about it till after I had already started serving dinner.
These would be a massive hit here in our home, and healthy too:) On my to-make list.